Thanks Battlelog...NOT!

Post subject: Thanks Battlelog...NOT!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:18 pm 

Our buddies at Battlelog forced me to download and install their latest loader as I suddenly could no longer log in to bf2 Saturday afternoon. My game was running fine without their loader but now ever since I was forced to install it I'm getting constant crashes to desktop! Thanks for nothing Battlelog! I'm so angry....I cannot even get thru a single game without it crashing on me. FFS why? If it ain't broke don't fix it! :evil:

My time to game will be very limited for the foreseeable future due to my upcoming move and I sure don't need to be wasting my time dealing with the anger and frustration this is causing me. All I wanted to do was spend what little time I currently have to game actually gaming!

Post subject: Re: Thanks Battlelog...NOT!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:30 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry your having troubles with the game!

I'm also unable to play since I upgraded to Windows 10 on my main computer. (BF2 is working fine on both of my laptops that are running Win10)

Good luck with your move back to Cali!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:39 pm 

That's unfortunate Slick and I'm sorry to hear that actually. I'm glad I decided against upgrading my Win 7 Pro install on my desktop. I just had a feeling. My original plan was to dual-boot this machine with my current Win 7 install together with a clean install of Win 10 in a different partition and I'm glad I stuck to the plan. However, that's all moot I guess because I still cannot play however, the reason being completely out of my control.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:45 pm 
Site Admin

I know that the problem I'm having on my "Main Computer" is related to my multiple monitor setup. It's just a matter of time until I get it figured out. I think I may unplug all but one monitor and proceed from there.

So tell me what is going on with your system and why you can't join the game. Are you getting any error messages? (To catch error messages go into the Launcher settings and click Windowed mode).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:39 pm 

You asked me once before if I was using the launcher and I said no. I was just using my Origin BF2 icon/startup and it worked fine. Today the game would load fine but when I get to the dialog that asks you to login to the "EA servers" the login request was rejected with the message telling me I needed to download and install the latest launcher. I did and everything seemed to go fine, played a couple of games and then all of a sudden I'm getting CTD's in the middle of games.

One thing I have noticed is that the launcher bypasses the movies, the login screens and everything which would be great if it was reliable but the constant crashing shows me it is not reliable and tells me that something in the initial setup has been bypassed and it really needs to be there. Some initialization parameter or something like a memory allocation limit. The way it just crashes leads me to believe that it is a memory boundary or a memory pointer problem. I have too much experience writing and troubleshooting software applications that have done the same thing.

In addition I have a 3 monitor setup but I'm not taking advantage of it in games yet. I've extended my desktop across the 3 monitors but BF2 just comes up in my center monitor.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:17 am 

Today everything worked. Moral of the story? After installing a new loader, reboot. Didn't do anything else so that has to be it.