A player was hacking but I could do nothing to him.

Post subject: A player was hacking but I could do nothing to him.
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:51 am 

A player with the tag ||f2017 (at least thats what it looked like) was using a Locator hack last night on the server and I couldn't do a damn thing with him. I tried llf2017 I tried 11f2017 and I tried ||2017 and none of them would register as valid so he could do what he wanted and I had no recourse.

The guy was using a locator hack and wasn't even being subtle about it. Every time I would spawn in a building and run toward him no matter which direction I went he always knew where I would pop out and be waiting there to take me or whoever out. Same thing with the plane. He would always know exactly where to bomb.

Besides, honest players don't use names that the server cannot recognize. If I had access to a proper admin tool I could see his CD key and player id and could have recorded them as well.

Keep an eye out for him. He came on pretty late.

Post subject: Re: A player was hacking but I could do nothing to him.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:47 pm 
Site Admin

Des,

You should have all the tools necessary. There are ways that Admin can look at all of the players that are in the game using the control panel (~). Hit me up about it if you not sure how to use it. Also I have found that using characters that I know I can identify works best for me. Like in you example with the f2017 guy. I would have tried f20, 201, or even 017. Remember that you only need to use 3 characters of a players name when issuing Admin actions.

I'll see you in game soon I hope!

[xXx]JSLICKMAC